Xylem is the path of water conduction

      Xylem is the path of water conduction

Requirements :
1 - Bottle 
2 - Lequid Red colour
3 - Bled 
4 - Stem with leaves of 
Syngonium podophyllum
5 - Water

Method : 
 1 - First I filled the bottle with water.
2 - Then i mixed some liquid red color in the water.
3 - Then I noticed that the whole water was red.
4 - Then I put the stem with the leaf of Syngonium podophyllum tree in the bottle in such a way that the leaf is on the mouth of the bottle.
5 - In this way I left the bottle for 12 hours.

Observation : 
After 12 hours the stems turned red and the leaves turned light red.

Inference : 
The stems and leaves turn red because the red water in the bottle has reached the stems and leaves through the xylem vessels .
            So, it is proved that Xylem is the pathway of water conduction.


                           Experiment was done by , 
                                 Sk Amirul Rahaman
                                      Department of 
                                            Botany, PBC college, Roll number - 03, Reg No - 2018PBC00512 

 
Stem with leaves of 
Syngonium podophyllum
After 12 hours changes the colour



Changes the colour of stem


                               




Comments